What We Did
ABC engaged Internetrix for a comprehensive series of ongoing analytics projects, including:
- Migration of their 150+ digital properties from Webtrends to Google Analytics 360
- Google Analytics 360 training for their 250+ staff members
- Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager account planning & configuration
- Custom tracking deployment (downstream and upstream traffic data) for web, mobile, hybrid and custom systems
Initial phases of the project saw the creation of stakeholder interviews and requirements workshops, to clearly map the current situation and organisation-wide goals. Throughout this project, Internetrix were required to work on-site with the ABC data team to ensure consistent collaboration and transparency across the implementation practices. Internetrix training personnel conducted professional on-site training courses for all relevant stakeholders (200+ employees) across the ABC business to ensure consistent and effective use of the Google Analytics 360 platform.
Training was completed onsite in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra and remotely for regional offices. A full-scale training curriculum was implemented to account for different experience levels and user types, including:
- Software Developers - Advanced Google Analytics & Tag Manager training
- Quality Assurance team - Advanced Google Analytics & Tag Manager training
- General staff - Basic Google Analytics training.
Throughout implementation, continuous quality checks and data validation practices were implemented to ensure implementation went smoothly. We also maintained support for the new migration for the months following the platform migration project.
The new Google Analytics implementation has transformed the way the ABC uses data collaboratively across the business. The migration project allowed for better insights across ABC’s multiple platforms, severe upskilling of staff, and transformation towards a data-driven company culture. Our approach included migration consultation and planning; custom tracking implementations; ongoing implementation support; on-site training implementation; cross-channel analysis; audience analysis and segmentation; and custom targeted reports.