How do we use Google Analytics (360) to understand the Customer Journey on our website? I set out to answer this question presenting a Masterclass at the Google Analytics User Conference 2016 in Sydney & Melbourne.
Below you can find hot topics covered in the presentation and links to the complete slide deck in PDF & SlideShare.
Slides as PDF: DK - GAUC 2016 - Deck - Understanding user journey.pdf
Slides on SlideShare: http://www.slideshare.net/DmitryKlymenko1/understanding-user-journey-using-google-analytics-360
- Navigation Path and User Behaviour
- Do you know the top path visitors take on your website? For 85% of customers a real path is quite a surprise!
- Navigation summary report
- Beware of the confusing dimension name: Next Page Path (deprecated)
- Internetrix uses science to determine the effect of each page on conversion probability
- Google Analytics Flow Reports - a hidden gem
- Users Flow report
- Social / Users Flow report
- Behaviour Flow
- Events Flow
- Goal Flow
- Goal Flow is different from the Funnel visualisation. They both interpret the same data but visualise and treat it differently
- Flow reports Tips & Tricks
- Removing extra details is key
- Apply Advanced Segments and filter by Dimension
- Success depends on the right data collection
- Visualised loop - wow moment!
- User Explorer - non personalised individual journey analysis
- Beware: PII (Personally Identifiable Information)
- User ID vs Client ID
- User ID is your own non PII identifier while Client ID is GA generated device (browser) ID
- https://goo.gl/63R0lj - A comparison of your data with or without User ID
- Conversion Path is important
- Invaluable for struggle detection