Illawarra Forum Recap - Take Advantage of Technology [Presentation]
Posted 3 years ago by Tom Donohoe
2 Minute(s) to read
Illawarra Forum Recap
Illawarra Forum concluded a successful 2017 conference yesterday. The Conference tackled critical issues for the not-for-profit industry, now and into the future.
Internetrix Director, Jacinta Cali was part of a great line-up of speakers sharing their expertise. Her presentation showcased her in-depth digital knowledge.
If you were unable to attend the conference or missed Jacinta’s session, here is a recap and a copy of her slides.
Jacinta focused on crucial aspects business need to focus on to succeed online:
- Fast Internet
- Use of technology to reduce risk
- Digitalise your business model
- Getting more volunteers and donations online
- Leverage the power of Google
If you’d like to have a copy of this presentation –Take Advantage of Technology, feel free to download it here:
For your convenience, I have provided a summary of the presentation's key takeaways below:
In today's fast-paced business environment having continuous connection to high-speed internet is crucial.
High-speed internet will continue to grow year-on-year due to digital disruption.
What is digital disruption?
Digital disruption is the change that occurs when new digital technologies and business models affect the value proposition of existing goods and services.
Ultimately, high-speed internet is the foundation for delivering your future business model.
Use of Technology to reduce risk
Embracing technology for your business can result in increase efficiency and reduced risks.
Technology can significantly improve your business, some things to consider are:
- NBN isn't the only option for fast internet, there are alternatives.
- Utilise video conferencing for remote workers.
- Set up multi-location conferencing
- Adopt cloud base software to improve business efficiency, eg Google G-suite
Digitalise your business model
The world continues to digitise, every business will need a great digital business model.
A business model that engages customers online and empowers employees to work smarter.
- Be innovative
- Use new technologies to solve problems
- Use your website to increase your reach and share your message better
Getting more volunteers and donations online
An underlying goal for most not-for-profit organisation is to increase volunteers and donations.
This can be challenging, but there are strategies you can adopt online to make it a simple process:
- Setup a payment gateway, if you haven't already, eWay offer, discounted accounts to NGOs
- Explore drip email campaigns
- Sell your mission and services to the world online
Leverage the power of Google
Want to grow your organisation? Google can help!
Stay productive with G-suite, advertise through Adwords, and measure your progress with Google Analytics.
- Use Google Analytics, it's FREE and powerful
- Register for Google Ad grants and supercharge your brand awareness online
Thank you to everyone who attended! If you have more questions for Jacinta, or about using technology to your advantage, contact us.