Position Opening - Web/Digital Designer
Internetrix is an award-winning Australian data and technology company that works at the forefront of innovation.
Our mission is to empower our clients to do better business through Data Science, Digital Analytics, and Digital Transformation.
At the heart of all the happy clients and successful projects is our amazing team.
We’re big enough to deliver leading-edge innovations at scale, but still small enough to be truly agile.
In line with our focus on innovation, we’re developing and launching a new product and need an experienced and amazing Web and UI Designer to be a key member of our design team.
In this role, you will be involved across the full lifecycle of the product. Your responsibilities will range from conducting user research and analysis, wireframing through to designing web interfaces, and cutting them.
When things are looking a little quiet for this project, there will be an opportunity to work on a range of projects for other clients, so things never get boring. With some very large commercial and government clients we get to work on some of the most interesting work in the industry.
In this role you will:
- Conduct UX research
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours, and images
- Supporting multi-device website development
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Mentor other staff
We’ve got a great culture going here at Internetrix so your interpersonal and team skills are going to be as important as your technical skills. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has skills in creating deliverables for a compelling end-to-end experience
- Knows best practice for web UI and interaction design
- Has experience working with design programs (such as XD, Sketch, Figma, Invision) to create high-fidelity prototypes
- Strong research and analytical mind
- Has experience planning, conducting, synthesizing, and making recommendations from user research for delivery teams
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of UI Design and UX principles
- Experience in design system design and atomic design
We’re Wollongong based but are happy for you to work from home so long as you’re available to come into the office 2 or 3 days a week. Full unrestricted working rights are a must-have so unfortunately, we’re only able to consider those with Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship.
If this role sounds like it might be of interest we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter by hitting the Apply Now button