Position Opening - Product Designer / UX Expert
Internetrix is an award-winning Australian data and technology company that works on the forefront of innovation.
Our mission is to empower our clients to do better business through Data Science, Digital Analytics, and Digital Transformation.
At the heart of all the happy clients and successful projects is our amazing team.
We’re big enough to deliver leading-edge innovations at scale, but still small enough to be truly agile.
Our diverse project teams collaborate on a range of exciting projects for medium-to-large brands across a range of industries. We have a relaxed office culture and regularly host outside-work social events including breakfasts, break-out rooms, and bar crawls.
We embrace those with a thirst for knowledge, growth and innovation. As a company, we hold our values close to our heart and strive for:
- Continuous Learning
As well as being a great business to work for, we’re also located in the beautiful, coastal town of Wollongong. You can spend your lunch break by the water.
In line with our focus on innovation, we’re developing and launching a new product and need an experienced and amazing Product Designer to be a key member of our design team with the goal of working within this squad.
In this role, you will be involved across the full lifecycle of the product. Your responsibilities will range from conducting user research and analysis, wireframing through to the usability testing of the built product.
When things are looking a little quiet for this project, there will be an opportunity to work on a range of projects for other clients, so things never get boring. With some very large commercial and government clients we get to work on some of the most interesting work in the industry.
In this role you will:
- Problem definition and prioritization
- Come up with holistic solutions that are goal-oriented
- Owning the end-to-end design process for the product
- UX / UI
- Strategy and approach
- Double diamond
- Creative Design
- UI Patterns - Developing the design system
- Collaborating with internal teams to develop on-brand, visually satisfying, and intuitive UI designs
- Follow common design conventions and patterns
- Develop marketing collateral
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Conduct market and user research, personas analysis, user stories
- Synthesise research and analyze how a new product ties in with market fit
- Presenting and executing strategic design decisions regarding new functions and features
- Identify opportunities for new products and ideas
- Mentor other staff
We’ve got a great culture going here at Internetrix so your interpersonal and team skills are going to be as important as your technical skills. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Average of 5 years design experience with at least 2 years working as a product designer
- A passion for design and the ability to effectively articulate your design decisions with a strong commercial focus
- Experience working in an agile environment in a cross functional team
- Highly experienced with Adobe XD, or equivalent
- Comfortable working on complex, open-ended design challenges
- Proactive with feedback - both providing and receiving it
- Self Motivated, confident in raising concerns
- Can work autonomously or as part of a team
- A clear understanding of Lean Startup and Design Thinking methodologies
- You are flexible have the confidence to learn quickly and apply new ideas
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Graphic Design training and accreditation or equivalent industry experience
- Critical thinker
- You are a genuine team player
Some additional skills that will be highly valued include:
- Experience with accessibility standards
- Front end production skills
- Experience using Gulp, Grunt, Yarn or Bower etc
- Competent HTML and SCSS
- Experience in branding and print design
We’re Wollongong based but are happy for you to work remotely so long as you’re available to come into the office from time to time. Flexible working arrangements are negotiable and salary will be based on the skill level and experience of the successful applicant. Full unrestricted working rights are a must-have so unfortunately, we’re only able to consider those with Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship.
If this role sounds like it might be of interest we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter by hitting the Apply Now button.