Position Opening - Senior UX/UI Designer
Internetrix is an award-winning Australian data and technology company that works at the forefront of innovation.
Our mission is to empower our clients to do better business through Data Science, Digital Analytics, and Digital Transformation.
At the heart of all the happy clients and successful projects is our amazing team.
We’re big enough to deliver leading-edge innovations at scale, but still small enough to be truly agile, and having just joined forces with Xpon the possibilities are limitless!
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join the team. The role will be broad and varied working on client projects covering UI, Product, and UX design, meaning very few days will be the same. You're likely to be the UX and/or UI subject matter expert so a keenness to keep up to date with the latest design concepts is important. Specifically, you will focus on:
- UX design including scoping and iterations
- UI design including creative design
- Product design
- Liaising with clients to help scope specifications
- Working on projects in fortnightly sprints
We’ve got a great culture going here at Internetrix so your interpersonal and team skills are going to be as important as your UX/UI Design skills. We work in sprints and have multiple client projects so being flexible and commercial in your approach to design work is vital. You should also have the following:
- A minimum of 5 years design experience covering UX and UI
- A passion for design and the ability to effectively articulate your design decisions with a strong commercial focus
- Experience working in an agile environment in a cross functional team
- Highly experienced with Adobe XD, or equivalent
- Comfortable working on complex, open-ended design challenges
- Can work autonomously or as part of a team
- A clear understanding of Lean Startup and Design Thinking methodologies
- You are flexible have the confidence to learn quickly and apply new ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Graphic Design training and accreditation or equivalent industry experience
- Critical thinker
- You are a genuine team player
Some additional skills that will be highly valued include:
- Experience with accessibility standards
- Front end production skills
- Experience using Gulp, Grunt, Yarn or Bower etc
- Competent HTML and SCSS
- Experience in branding and print design
We’re Wollongong-based but are happy for you to work remotely so long as you’re available to come into the office from time to time. Flexible working arrangements are negotiable and salary will be based on the skill level and experience of the successful applicant. Full unrestricted working rights are a must-have so unfortunately, we’re only able to consider those with Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship.
This is a great opportunity to join a great team that is now part of a global group - XPON Technologies. If this role sounds like it might be of interest we’d love to hear from you.