Position Opening - Designer - Accessibility / WCAG
Internetrix is an award-winning Australian data and technology company that works at the forefront of innovation.
Our mission is to empower our clients to do better business through Data Science, Digital Analytics, and Digital Transformation.
At the heart of all the happy clients and successful projects is our amazing team.
We’re big enough to deliver leading-edge innovations at scale, but still small enough to be truly agile.
We are expanding our Team of Accessibility / WCAG experts to support our clients and to deliver outstanding results.
In this role you will:
- Perform audits of existing web apps for compliance with WCAG standard
- Educate and provide recommendations to designers and Front-End Developers on creating accessible designs and interfaces
- Partner closely with technology, product, and business to find an elegant but practical solution
- Collaborating with internal teams to develop on-brand, visually satisfying, and intuitive UI designs
- Follow common design conventions and patterns
- Develop marketing collateral
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Mentor other staff
We’ve got a great culture going here at Internetrix so your interpersonal and team skills are going to be as important as your technical skills. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Strong knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standards
- Holding any certifications? That's a huge bonus!
- Understand the guidelines and knows how to implement designs and code to meet them
screen reader and assistive technology testing down pat
- Know how to use NVDA and other types of technologies
- Strong examples of accessible website design in a portfolio
- Have skills in creating deliverables for a compelling end-to-end experience
- Know best practice for web UI and interaction design
- Has experience working with design programs (such as XD, Sketch, Figma, Invision) to create high-fidelity prototypes
- Has experience planning, conducting, synthesizing, and making recommendations from user research for delivery teams
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of UI Design and UX principles
We’re Wollongong based but are happy for you to work from home so long as you’re available to come into the office 2 or 3 days a week. Full unrestricted working rights are a must-have so unfortunately, we’re only able to consider those with Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship.
If this role sounds like it might be of interest we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter by hitting the Apply Now button